Sunday, April 11, 2010

5 North American Girls take New Zealand by Storm!


New Zealand has all of the beauty of Canada – crammed into one tiny island of awesomeness.

Along with four other North American girls, I arrived in Christchurch ready to tour the south island – and, needless to say, I was beyond surprised and mesmerized by the scenery, culture, and fun that this tiny country holds.

There was, however, one problem: 5 girls, 10 bags of luggage, and only one tiny rental car trunk. I’m not sure who’s idea it was to bring a tent, but that didn’t help either! But, after about 40 minutes of baggage Tetris – we were off!

We spent the night in Christchurch – mostly because we didn’t have a plan, but then embarked on this route: Christchurch à Lake Tekapo à Queensland à Milford Sound à Fox Glacier à Greymouthà Arthur’s Pass à Chirstchurch à Home (Australia home, not Canada home).

It was amazing!

I’m going to dedicate a little blog to each location, because on a whole – there’s just too much to say about this incredible adventure, the people, and the places. Of everywhere I’ve been, if I could stay forever, I would make New Zealand my home.

Destination nutshell:

Flight: $600 round trip
Accommodations: In Christchurch we stayed at the YHI, a little pricey, but awesomely clean and comfortable: $35/ night.
Highlights: Oh baby, we’re just getting started!

No comments:

Post a Comment